• Try to memorize all the pieces, but it’s not required.
• Rehearse the performance:
- Walk up to stage > full Stop in front of the piano > make eye contact with the audience > bow (count 1, 2, 3).
- Adjust your bench and make sure it’s comfortable (ask Pang for help, if needed).
- At the bench: sit up straight, hands on lap > lift & place hands on the keys > breathe in > play.
- Between each song: lift hands up > rest on lap > calm down if you’re nervous, take your time, think about the next song, when you’re ready > lift & place hands on the keys > breathe in and play.
- After finishing the last song, lift hands up > rest on lap (count 1, 2, 3) > get up from the bench > Bow (count 1, 2, 3).
• Do at least two(2) dry-runs with the clothing and shoes before recital, to make sure you feel totally comfortable in them.
• Dress in your “Sunday best” or be as fancy as you wish! But make sure there are no arm movement restrictions – sleeve length or too much material should not interfere with playing and temperature regulation.
• Restriction: No jeans or Slippers.
• Keep hair away from the face: clipped, tied or gelled are recommended.